8/30/23 Lotion base is currently being made in our lab. No current ETA for when we will have more stock. I will update this as I get a firm date.**
Premium Unscented Lotion Base
INCI Name: Deionized Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Organic Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Glyceryl Stearate, Stearic Acid (vegetable based), Kosher Vegetable Glycerin, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate), Aloe Barbadensis (Organic Aloe Vera Leaf Juice), Panthenol (Vitamin B12), Tocopherol, Xanthan Gum, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
Our unscented lotion base is said to be one of the best around! White, thick, and highly moisturizing, this is the ideal all-natural organic lotion base for your custom lotion creations. Here are a few ideas, but the possibilities are endless! Be sure to check out the rest of our wholesale cosmetic ingredients. If you’re looking to create your own base from scratch, we have a whole slew of wholesale lotion making supplies. Everything from the bulk natural carrier oils, vegetable based emulsifying wax, vegetable based stearic acid, natural preservatives, skin vitamins and more.
Our unscented lotion base is not your average lotion. First off, our lotion is THICK! I do mean thick. This is the richest lotion base you’ll find. The skin-feel is like satin; never oily, greasy or heavy. We do not use mineral oil (none of our ingredients are petroleum based). This organic lotion base is so clean you can use it on face or body! The oils are super clean, with no fillers, no junk oils, and no fragrance used. If you’re looking for a high-quality wholesale lotion base, this is the one.
Add in some of our USA California type lemon essential oil, re-distilled lime essential oil, 10x sweet orange essential oil, bergapten-free bergamot essential oil and cassia essential oil to create a spicy, citrus body hydrating cream.
This unscented lotion base will take oils, butters, natural colorants, essential oils, or fragrances to create your perfect line of custom lotions.
Tips to customizing our wholesale lotion base:
- This unscented lotion base can take up to 10% added ingredients, including your fragrance/essential oil. Standard fragrance loads for cosmetic bases is 1-2%. If you want a really strongly scented base, you could try up to 3%, but that will be very potent.
- Always weigh your ingredients, including the lotion base. That should always be the way you work, never just go by teaspoons, tablespoons or drops. Those are not easily replicated and you want to be able to replicate your awesome product!
- You don’t need to warm up the lotion base at all to get the products to blend into it. This is very thick base, but if you add your raw ingredients in the middle of you batch, then mix with a paddle mixer, they will blend in just fine. What I mean by this is if you’re going to make 1 gallon of base (8 pounds), then put 4 pounds of lotion in your mixing container, add in your other raw materials (essential oils, carrier oils, panthenol, vitamin e, etc.), then add in the rest of your lotion. This puts the liquid ingredients already in the middle. Then mix, starting slowly, so everything is melded together nicely.
- You can extract different ingredients into the lotion base, such as CBD. You will need to slightly warm the lotion in order to push the extraction. The key is never get the lotion hot, or you will violate the preservative system. This is also true if you decide to heat it up to add in your other ingredients. Always keep as cool as possible and don’t keep the lotion base hot or you could have bacterial issues.
- If you don’t have a filling machine and you want to get this lotion into a bottle, the easiest way it to pipe it in like frosting. You can use a plastic bag that you cut the corner out of (just keep it smaller than the diameter of your bottles), or you can use an actual piping bag and tip. It does take some time and practice but it is well worth it as this cosmetic lotion base is spectacular!
Our wholesale organic lotion base is sold in 1-gallon buckets so that it is easier for you to dispense.
Wholesale bulk lotion base is sold in 1-pound plastic jars, half-gallon HDPE jugs (4 pounds), 1-gallon buckets (8 pounds), 5-gallon buckets (40 pounds), and 55-gallon sizes. Please email for 55-gallon+ pricing.
Storage: Keep in sealed container.
Best Used By: Two years from date of purchase.
Shelf Life Once Used in Manufacturing: One year from manufacturing date.