Broad Spectrum Leucidal Liquid Complete Preservative
INCI Name: Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
Here at Shay and Company we have done our best to bring in a small mixture of different preservatives that you can use in your formulas. All products that contain water should have a preservative system or they will start to grow mold. We are providing this leucidal liquid preservative for you BUT you must do your own formulating and challenge testing for your finished products. Shay and Company holds no liability for the outcome of your products.
Leucidal Liquid Complete– Leuconostoc/Radish Root Ferment Filtrate & Lactobacillus & Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Fruit Extract
- Excellent for broad spectrum preservative use in topical products; offers moisturizing and skin conditioning benefits, along with the broad spectrum protection
- Water Soluble with a pH of 3-8
- Flash Point >200°F
- Suggested Use Levels-2-4%
- Applications- Moisturizing, skin conditioning, broad spectrum antifungal and antimicrobial
- ECOCERT/COSMOS Approved
- Whole Foods Compliant
Our Applications chemist has sent over the below suggestions to assist with your formulation using Leucidal Liquid Complete. Leucidal Liquid Complete is a broad spectrum preservative so you do not have to use anything else with it.
- Measure the temperature of the oils to get complete melting
- Heat the water to approximately the same temperature as the oil (preferably to 160 F = 70 C, the melting point of stearic acid). This should avoid causing the oil ingredients to solidify if “cold” water hits the waxes.
- After adding the water to the oil, let the cream mix for longer than 2 minutes before begin cooling down. We typically do 15 minutes. This allows time for the emulsion to form and stabilize. The more energy they put in the emulsion (temperature or mixer speed or mix time) the smaller the internal phase droplet size which will be a more elegant, more stable (and usually thicker) emulsion.
- Similarly, let the cream mix longer than 2 – 5 minutes after adding the essential oils and Leucidal preservative. This will help ensure that the cream is uniform and the Leucidal Liquid Complete is well dispersed throughout the cream’s volume.
Leucidal Liquid Complete is a blend of Leucidal Liquid and AMTicide Coconut to offer a broad-spectrum antimicrobial, protection from bacteria, yeast and mold growth in products. This product is made from the leuconastoc kimchi bacteria and fermented coconut fruit.
Leucidal Liquid Complete is sold in 4-ounce amber glass bottle, 8-ounce amber glass bottle, 16-ounce amber glass bottle, half-gallon HDPE jug, 1- gallon HDPE jug, 5-gallon sizes (40 pounds) buckets and 55+gallon sizes. Please email us directly for 55-gallon+ orders.
Short Term Leuconostoc Ferment Filtrate Storage: Air tight container. Dark location. Cool room temperature.
Long Term Storage: Removing air from storage container will delay oxidation and rancidity (may need to place in a smaller container). Refrigeration can extend shelf life.
Best Used By: One year from date of purchase. Shelf Life Once Used in Manufacturing: One year from manufacturing date.