CTFA Name: Coconut Oil RBD
INCI Name : Organic Cocos Nucifera
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Philippines or Indonesia
Certificates: Kosher, Organic, non-GMO
Method of Extraction: Cold pressed
Plant Part Used: Dried Flesh
Ingredient Composition: 100% Coconut Oil
Gluten Free: Yes
Allergen: Coconut oil is from coconuts
Food Grade: Yes
Saponification Value: 250-264 mg/KOH/Kg
Refined, Bleached and Deodorized: Yes
Who doesn’t love coconut oil? Creamy, white, smells fresh and a little like the tropics, coconut oil has become a world-wide favorite for just about every skin care and body care product.
We here at Shay and Company carry many types of coconut oil:
- Coconut 76 RBD, which is the most common type of coconut oil. Coconut 76 RBD indicates that it will become a liquid at 76°. This coconut oil has no coconut oil or smell. Coconut 76 RBD is the most traditional coconut for soap making. You can use coconut 76 RBD to cook with.
- Coconut 92 RBD, which will be a liquid at 92 degrees. This coconut oil has no coconut oil or smell. Coconut 92 RBD also used in soap making; coconut 92 in soap bars will give you a slightly harder bar than using coconut 76 RBD. You can use coconut 92 RBD to cook with, although it not used as much as organic coconut RBD.
- Coconut 110 RBD, which is a hydronated coconut blend (blended with soy) so that it stays solid up to 110° for harder formulas and some food/baking items. This coconut oil has no coconut oil or smell.
- Organic Coconut Oil RBD, which is coconut 76 but organically harvested. This coconut oil will start melting at 76°F. This coconut oil has no coconut oil or smell. This is a very popular coconut oil for cooking.
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, the cleanest coconut oil which is an excellent coconut for cooking and all-natural skin care products. Extra virgin organic coconut will become liquid at 76 degrees. Organic extra virgin coconut oil is not RBD. This coconut will smell and taste like coconut.
Coconut oil has gained such popularity in skincare products due to the high amounts of natural fatty acids, like linolenic acid, the natural anti-microbial and anti-bacterial properties, and its ability to penetrate into the skin as a moisturizer without leaving you feeling heavy or greasy. In cooking coconut oil has become the go-to cooking oil for its ability to withstand high heat without turning into a saturated fat.
Here are some of the multitude of uses for coconut oil:
Hair Care- think intense moisture. Add any one of our coconut oils to a shampoo bar, liquid shampoo, conditioner, hair mask, scalp treatment, hair oil…the list goes on. Coconut oil imparts a high level of moisture and helps to repair damage hair, PLUS hair will have a natural shine to it.
Make-up Remover- coconut oil works as a great face cleanser. Oil cleansing has become the new rage in how to clean your face and remove make-up. Organic extra virgin coconut oil would be a great base to incorporate an excellent essential oil blend and sell as a daily cleanser. Coconut oil is naturally anti-bacterial and antifungal, making it a great product for acne prone skin.
Lip Balms- coconut oil, especially extra virgin organic coconut oil, makes a fantastic base for lip balms and lip treatments. Add in some of our coffee essential oil and make a stimulating lip balm, or add in some fine pink Himalayan sea salt and coffee essential oil and make a great lip scrub. You can also incorporate coconut oil and organic shea butter and organic mango butter to make a firmer lip balm for tubes or jars. Adding in harder butters like shea or mango will increase the melting point for coconut so your beautiful lip treatments wont leak all over your customer’s car.
Butters, body/hands/feet- coconut oil is a great base for emulsified or pure body butters. Blend with our hemp seed butter and some lavender/rosemary/peppermint essential oils, or blend with our kokum butter and add in some lemon/bergamot/lime/orange essential oils and create a magnificent body cream. We do sell emulsifying wax so you can use all of these and create a nice, whipped body treat.
Cuticle Cream or Pedicure Scrub- looking to improve those dry, cracked hands and feet? Coconut oil will hydrate the skin and help to heal damaged skin. Blend with some lavender butter, or avocado butter and organic cocoa butter to create a rich foot rub. Increase the healing properties with a blend of our peppermint/spearmint/rosemary essential oils
Edibles, Chocolates, Baked Goods-looking for an organic coconut oil to make your edibles or chocolates? Our extra virgin organic coconut oil will give that great, slightly coconutty taste and smell, along with the soft, creamy chocolate texture.
All types of coconut oil can be hard at room temperature. Just warm it slightly to scoop it out of the container.
Organic Coconut Oil is sold in 16-ounce, 1- gallon (8 pounds), and 5-gallon sizes (40 pounds), and 55-gallon drums (420 pounds). Please email us directly for 55-gallon+ orders.
Short Term Storage: Air tight container. Dark location. Cool room temperature.
Long Term Storage: Removing air from storage container will delay oxidation and rancidity (may need to place in a smaller container). Refrigeration can extend shelf life.
Best Used By: One year from date of purchase.
Shelf Life Once Used in Manufacturing: One year from manufacturing date.