INCI Name : See below for each type of wax
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: Candle Wax made in the US; Soy Oil is from the US, and Coconut Oil is from the Philippines
Shay and Company is your premier candle wax supplier. We offer a variety of candle waxes and will do pallet pricing so please call for orders over 20 boxes.
Coconut 1: Coconut 1 is available in 50-pound boxes only. This is 100% hydrogenated coconut glycerides. No soy, no palm, no nothing added. This wax is designed to be used as part of your candle formula, not as a standalone wax. You will want to blend Coconut 1 with any of the other waxes (soy or beeswax) to make a stable formula. Coconut 1 is a great wax if you are looking to create massage candles. Try blending it with something like Coconut 110/shea butter/sal butter/massage oils and a little beeswax or soy candle wax to make it hard enough for your containers. If you wish to have a pre-blended coconut wax that you can call a "coconut" candle, this IS NOT the wax for you. Coconut 1 is very easy to use, white in color, works with either of the wicks we carry when blended with other waxes, and works well with just about any fragrance and all essential oils that are applicable for candles (not all essential oils burn for candles so always make sure to do a test burn first).
Coconut 1 Guidelines:
- Melt wax to 90° to 102°.
- Stir melting wax frequently to evenly distribute heat.
- Melt your other ingredients separately, cool them down, then add to the Coconut 1.
- Cool the blended, melted wax down to 140° or below to add fragrance/essential oil/dyes. If you add the fragrance/essential oil when the wax is too hot you will just start burning off your scent. The more you can allow it to cool before adding the scent/essential oil, the better your finished candle will smell. Stir well to allow the scent/essential oil/dye to completely blend in. I suggest a couple of minutes to ensure good dispersion. You can add 6-10% scent/essential oil. You will have to determine the desired amount based upon your scent/essential oil and how strong you want your candle to smell.
- Make sure your containers are at room temperature or even slightly warmer. Allow the melted wax to cool to between 100° to 130° before pouring.
- Allow the finished candle to stand for 24 hours before burning.
C3- 100% pure soy. Ideal for container candles, lotion bars, massage candles, and massage oils. Comes in a flake so it is easy to measure out and melt. Pour temp is 160 degrees. Fragrance load is 6-10%. Suggested wick is HTP series wicks. C3 is sold in 1-pound, 5-pound and 50-pound sizes.
C6-a blend of hydrogenated coconut and soy oils. Ideal for container candles and can be blended with C3 or beeswax to create a different texture. Comes in 12-pound bars or 60-pound boxes. Pour temp is 150 degrees. Fragrance load is 6-10%. C6 is sold in 12-pound bars and 60-pound boxes only.
Coconut-1- 100% pure hydrogenated coconut oil. Ideal for container candles, lotion bars, and massage candles. Can be added to C3, C6, Golden Wax 464, or blended with beeswax to increase oil content of candles. Suggested blend is 10-75% coconut 1 with 90-15% other type of wax. Pour temp is 90-102 degrees as this is coconut oil. If used on its own the finished candle will be softer in warmer temperatures and will completely liquify when lit. Fragrance load is 6-10%.
Golden Wax 464- this is the newest addition to the Shay and Company candle supplies. This is a 100% hydrogenated soy candle wax. Can be used on its own or can be blended with coconut 1. Melt point is 113-118 degrees. Suggested fragrance load is 5-10%. Golden Wax 464 is in flake form and is sold in 1-pound, 5-pound and 50-pound cases.
Storage: Keep in enclosed box.
Best Used By: Two years from date of purchase.
Shelf Life Once Used in Manufacturing: Two years from manufacturing date.