Extraction Method: Steam Distilled
Plant Part: Leaves
Country of Origin: Sri Lanka
INCI Name: Cinnamomum Zeylanicum
Benefits: disinfectant, anti-bacterial, flavoring oil, insect repellant, antispasmodic, anesthetic, antioxidant
Cinnamon Bark and Cinnamon Leaf essential oils are from the same plant, but they have very different smells. Cinnamon leaf is a lighter, musky, spicy scent. Cinnamon bark essential oil is a heavier, more potent perfume quality essential oil.
Either form of cinnamon can be used in applications such as:
• Diffuser blends- the smell of cinnamon usually elicits happy thoughts of holidays. Add a little cinnamon to your spicy diffuser blend (maybe some frankincense, sweet orange, cardamom, and cinnamon) and add to a diffuser or maybe even a bathroom spray.
• Foot products- Cinnamon has natural anti-bacterial and deodorant qualities to it. Create an Epsom salt foot soak with our Epsom salts and a blend of cinnamon and sweet orange to help combat athlete’s foot, then follow with a natural foot cream made out of our lotion base with some added shea butter and coconut oil.
• Bug repellant- add a little cinnamon and cedarwood to our shower gel base to create a bug repellant wash, or add to a spray base to use as a house and outdoor treatment.
• Laundry blend- Maybe you’re making laundry pods with our melt-and-pour soap base, or by using our shower gel base. Add a blend of cinnamon, sweet orange and rosemary to create a clean, balanced scent blend.
• Body scrubs- Help combat dry skin by making a hydrating body scrub out of our organic coconut oil, organic sunflower oil, organic jojoba oil, fine grind pink Himalayan sea salt, and an essential oil blend. The cinnamon and the scrubbing will increase the circulation while leaving the skin smelling fresh and clean.
5 and 10 pound sizes are shipped in BPA free, high density polyethylene containers that are designed for long-term storage of essential oils.
Do not apply directly to skin. Most essential oils are not designed to be applied directly, rather they are designed to be mixed with a carrier oil such as our organic sunflower or organic jojoba oils. Always perform a small patch test when applying to skin.
Do not take internally unless you are licensed to apply them as such.
This information is for reference only. These recommendations have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not mean to treat, cure or remedy any diseases.