Sandalwood Essential Oil Blend
Country of Origin: Various
INCI Name: Dipterocarpus Turbinatus (Gurjun Balsam) Resin Oil, Santalum album (Indian Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Copaifera Langsdorffii (Copaiba Balsam) Resin Oil, Amyris balsamifera (Amyris) Wood Oil, Santalum Paniculatum (Hawaiian Sandalwood) Wood Oil, Santalum album (Sandalwood) Fruit Extract, Santalum spicatum (Australian Sandalwood) Wood Oil
Aroma: Sweet, Woody, Pleasant
Packaging: Amber bottles, jugs, drums
Applications: Skincare, Soap Manufacturing
100% Pure, no dilutants or carriers added
Not tested on animals
IFRA attached for usage guidelines.
Benefits: grounding, calming, stabilizing, mental clarity, anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial
Do you love the smell of sandalwood but hate the price of sandalwood? We have the answer for you. Our sandalwood essential oil blend is a blend of East and West Indian Sandalwoods, Indonesian Sandalwood and Australian Sandalwood. This sandalwood works great in soaps, skincare products, and essential oil blends without completely blowing up your price point. It is important to note that sandalwood fragrance is a synthetic recreation of the smell of sandalwood and will not impart any of the following benefits when used in your products. Only by using essential oils and not fragrances can you use sandalwood essential oil as an effective ingredient.
Sandalwood essential oil is an early, base note that lends a beautiful woodsy, sweet scent to any product. This blend does work well in cold processed soaps.
Sandalwood blends well with other essential oils such as rose, lavender or vetiver.
Beneficial applications for Sandalwood Essential Oil:
- Aromatherapy- add a little sandalwood to your diffuser to help relax and calm the mind. Try doing a blend of sandalwood, palo santo and lavender.
- Aphrodisiac- including sandalwood in your perfume blends or massage lotions can help to increase libido
- Astringent-sandalwood is a natural astringent, meaning it is beneficial to use in controlling sebum production on the skin. Try an acne spot treatment made with organic hemp oil (high in linolenic acid which is excellent for combatting acne), Oregon hazelnut oil and a little sandalwood essential oil
- Wound healing- sandalwood essential oil can help to decrease inflammation when applied topically. If you’re making a CBD or THC salve, try adding sandalwood essential oil.
- Fighting Free Radicals-the high levels of anti-oxidants in sandalwood essential oil also help to fight free radicals, thereby working as an anti-aging ingredient in skincare products. A 2017 dermatology study showed that topical products using sandalwood essential oil were proven to help reduce the symptoms of psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, fighting abnormal skin pigmentation, and to reduce oil production and fight tumor growth on skin.
Essential oils are sold in 1-ounce amber glass bottles, 4-ounce amber glass bottles, 8-ounce amber glass bottles, 16-ounce amber glass bottles, 5-pound, 10-pound, and 25-pound sizes. 25 pound sizes may have a later ship date depending on stock on hand. For 100-pound sizes or larger, please email is at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do not apply directly to skin. Most essential oils are not designed to be applied directly, rather they are designed to be mixed with a carrier oil such as our organic sunflower or organic jojoba oils. Always perform a small patch test when applying to skin.
Do not take internally unless you are licensed to apply them as such.
This information is for reference only. These recommendations have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not meant to treat, cure or remedy any diseases.